Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My husband just got seven papers to appear in court Jan 24th…

Customer Question
My husband just got...

My husband just got seven papers to appear in court Jan 24th for a dv assault in the 4th for an argument that took place Dec 21st I believe. He was never arrested and we thought it was dropped. Wil he be arrested when he goes to court? Will he get a no contact order?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Washington state asotin county

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No we just woke up to cop knocking on the door with papers...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We just don't know what to expect. I remember writing a statement but I don't think I said he hurt me just broke some things in house.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/19/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 7 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What happened after you made the report? Why did you think it was dropped?