Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My son is a meth addict with a resent DUI and a federal.

My son is a...

My son is a meth addict with a resent DUI and a federal

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Wyomimg

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He took one of our company cars. If I report it stolen what will be a possible consequence he would face

1/19/2018
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If you report it stolen, then he would face charges depending on the intent. If he was only temporarily using the car (rather than trying to seal it), then this would be called unauthorized use of a vehicle, which is a misdemeanor in Wyoming. Potential penalty is up to 1 year in prison.

Now if he took the car to permanently steal it (maybe try to sell it for meth), then this would be burglary/theft, which would be a felony charge. Such a charge can result in 10 years in prison.

Additionally, if he is on probation, his probation will be revoked and he will go back to prison immediately.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer