Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I wanted to know if a nench watrent for not completing s…

I wanted to know...

I wanted to know if a nench watrent for not completing s petty theft class will i have to do jail time when i turn my self in

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

About 3 months ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

1/18/2018
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. In a situation like this, a defendant would want to see a copy of the warrant I say this because the warrant would state if there is a bond on it which could be posted once they turn themselves in or if there is a no bond hold, which would mean they have to wait to go before the Judge. If this is a result of a class, it is unlikely the party would need to sit in jail and should be released and would go before the court to explain why they failed to complete it and can ask for more time to do so and show good cause.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok well i went all my court days expect the last one where i had to show proff of completion of the class

The court is going to want to know why you failed to appear. If you can show good cause / explain why you failed to appear, you should be given another chance, to close this out. You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

My pleasure.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty