Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I just looked on my case in IN I had previously violated…

Hi I just looked on...
Hi I just looked on my case in IN I had previously violated probation once before due to health reasons and they extended it, and they put out Warrant or Writ of Attmnt for the Body of a Person Issued. I'm still currently going through medical issues. Does that mean they can come get me at anytime? Or do I have time to get a lawyer? I'm scared to death.
1/17/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Yes, legally, the writ of attachment/warrant, means they can come and get you at any time and arrest you. You need to contact your attorney, you have time to do so since they have yet to come and get you, and the attorney will go to court and provide evidence of your medical issues and will get the court to recall the warrant. However, you will need to get to court ASAP because if you are stopped by the police or the warrant squad goes out on a warrant run, you will be arrested on the warrant I am afraid.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

They just put the waarrant out today...so I pray I have time. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply.

Generally you have time, unless you are a hardcore felon or violent criminal, they are not likely to make you a priority.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer