Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am an alcoholic after 7 years of sobriety i messed up

I am an alcoholic...

I am an alcoholic after 7 years of sobriety i messed up terribly and have recieved 3 tickets for dui. One of my cases has resulted in a warrant. is there a procedure to have them take out the warrant.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

The warrant was filed last thursday and I am in missoury

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

They are either booked or way to expensive. That is why I am looking for a public defender tohelp me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I did get a ticket for a hit and run but I am pleading non guilty. I accidently put the car in drive and hit the side of the store. I called my insurance company before leaving the parking lot and called the store manager to let them know that everything will be fixed by my insurance company

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Yes, there is a procedure for getting the warrant removed.

You would need an attorney to file a Motion to Quash the warrant on your behalf.

The other option would be to turn yourself into jail custody, and then bond out.

Of course if you'd like to avoid that option, then the only other option is to retain an attorney and have them file the motion to quash the bench warrant on your behalf.

Are these tickets all from the same incident? Or separate incidents?

If you've already gone to court for a hearing, then you should have been given the opportunity to see if you qualify for a public defender.

You can also look into the possibility of getting a pro bono criminal defense attorney that can represent you for free.

You can contact the Missouri State Bar for a referral to a pro bono defense attorney near you.

The phone number is:

(###) ###-####/p>

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer