Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was in Brooklyn on 2 Jan 2018, and received a disorderly…

Customer Question
I was in Brooklyn...

I was in Brooklyn on 2 Jan 2018, and received a disorderly conduct pink summons

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

NY Brooklyn

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Nope are you located in NYC?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That I work in Afghanistan and I have a court date on 22 MARCH, I do not think it will be easy for me to make it to the court date Im a contractor for the DoD apart from this incident, I have a squeeky clean criminal record

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/17/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

There are some things that you can do. The first thing is to contact the Court. Yo may even want to go in person and let them know what your situation is. Ask them for the name and contact person of the prosecuting attorney that handles these cases. Then contact the prosecuting attorney and see if you can work out either a plea agreement OR a continuance for when you return.

Make sure that what ever agreement you reach that you have it in writing signed by the prosecutor and that the Court gets a copy of the writing.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer