Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was arrested 2 weeks ago on felony kdwlsr hto x1 will I do…

I was arrested 2...

I was arrested 2 weeks ago on felony kdwlsr hto x1 will I do jail time

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Fla

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My driver's license was already on 5 years supenchen

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I've reviewed your question and I'm happy to help.

Can you please clarify what the felony charge was? Thanks!

Driving on supened for 5 years

Thanks for the additional information.

If this was a repeat offense for driving on a suspended license that would explain why it was charged as a felony as opposed to a misdemeanor.

Yes, jail time is a possibility.

Driving on a suspended license that's classified as a felony is punishable by a prison term of up to 5 years and/or fines of up to $5,000.

You should look into hiring an attorney to represent you in this case.

If you can't afford to hire a private attorney right now, then you should be assigned a public defender at your first court date.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer