Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have couple of questions before i have go through your law…

Customer Question
I have couple of...

I have couple of questions before i have go through your law firm

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I was charged with pity lurceny

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The prosecutor offer my lawyer if he plea guilty i change his charge with trespassing and after one year probation it will be dismissed.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/17/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Hello:

Just to be clear this is not a law firm. This is an educational site that can answer your questions about the legal system.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience, and will be happy to assist you if you would like to continue.

I see that you requested a phone call. I have submitted an OPTIONAL offer to you for a premium service phone call so that we can discuss your concerns more easily. It is purely optional and I do not want you to spend extra money if it is not necessary. We can continue to post at no additional charge.

In the meantime I will be preparing a written response to your situation.

hello

Thank you for your patience. The offer that is being made to you is a fairly standard plea arrangement for a person who is charged with a non-violent crime and is a first offender.

The prosecution is offering you a resolution that is referred to by a number of names:

pre-trial disposition, accelerated rehabilitative disposition, or deferred adjudication.

These programs allow you to accept a penalty of probation. When you successfully complete the probation you will return to court and the judge will dismiss the charges.

Yes. I am happy to continue to help you with any clarifying questions that you may have.

They have changed the charges from pity larceny to trespassing on probation after one year it will be dismissed

To clarify, once you complete theprobation the charges are dismissed. You will not have a conviction on your record - only the arrest record. At some point you may be eligible to have the arrest record sealed as well.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

but trespassing will remain in my record even though its dismissed

NO. The charges for the arrest will reflect only the arrest for the trespassing. There will be no conviction.

Later you can seek to have the arrest record sealed.

can i sealed the Arrest?
because i have got the deferred in possession from the judge so that means they will dismissed the charges but the lawyer said you can clean the remaining charges which was made and the trespassing will remain in your record
is that true?
bcz it was amended from pity larceny to trespassing with one year probation, after completion of that they will dismissed the case and you can expunge the previous charges but not the trespassing from the record. so the main reason that i have contacted you is that is there any way to expunge the trespassing as well or not?
even if i have a dismissed trespassing what will be the impact in the future career, can i get a job and also can i get my education?

You are adding additional facts to the description or I misunderstood your initial description. If the case is set for probation and dismissal there should be no conviction and no guilty plea.

BUT if there are multiple counts and you are only pleading to one, then that can be the case.

You may want to ask your attorney to see if you can get the trespass reduced to disorderly conduct.

BUT in regard to the charges that are dismissed, they can later be sealed. Convictions are different and they usually can NOT be sealed.

but i have accept that i am plead guilty in order to get this offer from the joudge
this offer was with no conviction
if i would talk to my attorney why i should ask you. i asking all those questions that my lawyer didnt answer
I have two simple questions

I am sorry that I do not appear to be helping you with your questions.

I am trying. BUT maybe another expert can be clearer to you. I will opt out so that another expert can try.

Good luck.

After completions of prohibition, my charges will be dismissed and with no convocation and the arrest and trespassing will remain in record so can i expunge that in VA with the deferred in possession offer that i have got from the judge?
I havent got the answers please transfer me to someone else or i can cancel this