Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

What is the difference in a order of non discloser and a…

What is the difference...

What is the difference in a order of non discloser and a expungment?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

?

1/17/2018
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

An expungement is a destruction of all records having to do with the case. With an order of non-disclosure, the records will continue to exist. They would be sealed, however, and only accessible to law enforcement or to those who would have court orders or who you would allow to see the records.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD