Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

S-0700-CR-2017151231 im currently involved in a case i have…

Customer Question
S-0700-CR-2017151231 im currently involved in...
S-0700-CR-2017151231 im currently involved in a case i have preliminary hearing on tuesday. I also believe im under investigation as well. Can i request that i get no further charges from anytime before this case gets done.?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/15/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 4 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Charges from what? Can you please clarify your question?

Currently i have a dangerous drug charge f4 and nisconduct involving weapons and paraphnila f6
I have pre hearing tuesday. I also am under investigation im sure it has to do with drugs or some of the people i was hanging around. Now cant i ask the lawyer to reqiest that any charges that may or may not come from that investigation be scratched or combined with this case
Currently there are no charges filed on the investigation. As of yet

Thank you. In a situation like this, if the charges are related, they could add them and amend the charging document, to include them. However, you can not ask that they do not proceed and file any new charges, if they are unrelated and if you are being investigated. They would have a legal right to charge you separately if there is evidence of a new unrelated crime, I am sorry to say. Now, if they did file new charges, the cases could be consolidated so if you wanted to take a plea, you could do so and the sentences could run concurrently.

is it a good idea to bring it up to my attorney.
He is a public defender

Yes, you should speak with your attorney as he is representing you and can act in your best interest. He should be made aware, in case there is something he can do to help.

Now are they allowed to search my vehicle because they sae syringes in a back pack of mine.
shouldnt i beable to get the gun back cuz they are not charging me with it and im allowed to have guns

They need probable cause to search the vehicle or they can search it incident to a lawful arrest. As far as the gun, if they are not charging you with it, it should be returned and your attorney can file a motion for the return of it and the Judge would sign an order.

would syringes bbe probable cause to search my entire car
They cant just assume they were used for drugs . ? He never asked if i was diabetic

If they believed that they were being used for illegal drugs. The officer would need to be deposed and it would need to be known why they even went in the bag to begin with.

I was pulled over for a headlight out and found out. My licence was suspended. And they saw the syringes when my boyfriend was looking for my licence. They had no reason to think it was for drugs

A motion to suppress could be filed then and it will be up to the Judge to decide if the evidence should be let in. If it is suppressed and not allowed, the State may have to drop the charges.

Is it common that they supress evidence? But even still were they allowed to search my vehicle just for two syringes.

It is common if there was no legal basis for it. If they believed that there were drugs in the car as a result of this or them being used for drugs, it would give the officers a basis to search. Of course, there should have been questions asked but if they had doubts, they could search it.

They never asked no questions. They went ahead and searched my vehicle .

Then your attorney will need to investigate this, depose the officers and file the motion and it will be up to the Judge to decide You may have to testify as well if your attorney thinks it is in your best interest to do so. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty