Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How can I get photos and trial transcripts from my husband's…

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get photos and trial transcripts from my husband's criminal trial?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

He is in Chino Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He is currently serving 30 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He was not given a fair trial

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/15/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 4 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. How long ago was your husband convicted? Did he appeal?

1996 yes

Thank you. The reason I asked that was because if it was a new conviction the appeals lawyer would be able to get the transcripts.

You would have to pay for the trial transcript. The clerk of the court where the trial was held could tell you how to arrange for that, because procedures differ from one jurisdiction to another. But you'd have to find the court reporter and pay for a transcript.

Whatever isn't public record such as the photos and police reports, he might be able to get from his lawyer, but they wouldn't otherwise be available to you without a court order.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD