Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am driving under a restricted license (DUI). I do have…

I am driving under...

I am driving under a restricted license (DUI). I do have ignition interlock. My probation ends this month, in face, I had to mail in my probation form between now and the 16th. My dogs got lose, and fortunately for their tags were caught about 2 miles from my home, by a busy road. I drove to get them, and bring them home. I was so frustrated, yet relieved, to have them back, I didn't realize I was speeding (61 in a 45), I was just about to turn on to my street, when stopped. I received a ticket for speeding, and (I offered this info to the officer) driving on a limited license. I'm scared.... I just went to get my dogs... Advice?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georga georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

1/14/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Speeding is not going to cause you to lose your restricted license because it is restricted for a DUI and the only reason you will lose your license again is another DUI or an IID violation. So if you did not get another DUI and you did not violate your ignition interlock, this speeding ticket is just a speeding ticket and you can go to court on the speeding ticket without worrying about your restricted license or your probation.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.