Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

In requesting the appellate court for reconsideration I

guess that I have to...
In requesting the appellate court for reconsideration I guess that I have to provide the court with three motions—
1) to request a recall of the mandate or perhaps an appeal of the mandate2). Motion for reconsideration enhanc.3). Motion to extend the timeIs this correct?
What is the basis for extending time ? For reconsideration? ForgeWhat is the basis for reconsideration? For recalling the mandate? For extending the time ? Can you provide cases ?
1/14/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

Under Florida law, you ahve a period of 60 days in which to do this motion. It call all be done in one motion requesting these three things, some of which will automatically happen, for example if the court grants the motion for reconsideration, it will automatically repeal the mandate to the circuit court.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and pressing send.

A bonus is always appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor
But this is New York case!
How long in New York courts do you have to request a reconsideration at appellate court?
You answered based on Florida even though I had advised that it was a New York case.

Let's discuss via telephone to resolve.

When you count days and it falls on a weekend do you have to the following work day?
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor