Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Former Hells Angels debt collector, MMA fighter thinks I…

Customer Question
Former Hells Angels debt...

Former Hells Angels debt collector, MMA fighter thinks I insulted his girlfriend somehow, Tells me he has guns and is telling everyone in my local bar that he is going to punch me in the face. Screams FU at me when he see me. I think he is unstable. I have no idea what I did to start this. I barely know him or his girlfriend, rarely see her.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

None, but wonder if should be filed?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

New York, NY, where police won't have much time for this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's all

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/13/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 month ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am sorry to hear about this situation. You state "where police won't have much time for this." What do you mean? Have you already filed a complaint and the police stated that they will not be investigating? Or what exactly has happened?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haven't gone to police. I am only stating from hearing that the police are overworked in NYC. Can usually only respond to crime, not much else. If it is suggested I go to police to file a complaint, regardless, than I will. I only know the person's first name however.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Any thoughts on this? Thank you.

Thanks. Actually, this is not true. The police take threats of violence very seriously. So you may wish to file a criminal police report. Especially since you have MANY WITNESSES in the bar. Even if you only know his first name, the bar may have a video record of him, his CC, etc - enough to find him. The police are very good at finding suspects.

If a criminal complaint is filed, they will talk to him. Worst case scenario that scares him enough to keep away; best case scenario he is charged and the Court enters a restraining order as part of the criminal case.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your help.

You are very welcome. Good luck, and please don't forget to RATE my answer with five stars and then click SEND to submit that rating – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please use the SEND button to keep on chatting. "I strive for FIVE!"

Ely, Counselor at Law