Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a land contract to own my own home. I am now

Customer Question
I have a land...

I have a land contract to own my own home. I am now disabled. I can’t afford it. I have to be out by February first. I can’t afford a fee to file it if there is won and I’m only asking for mor time to get my things out. Will I be able to get one by fast? I am not court ordered to move I’ was served by her attorney to move and sign a document stating i that I agree to be out by the end of February. I didn’t sigh it what will happen now?

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

I couldn’t pay the property taxes which makes me in default of the control. I don’t have an appeal through the court I only told her attorney that I need more time to move.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Wisconsin. Brown county.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I’m only asking to be out by March first. I’m sorry I ment April first.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/12/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If you do not move out as requested, then they can sue you for eviction in court and if they prove they gave you the opportunity to move without being sued for eviction they can pursue not only rent due but also their attorney's fees and court costs for having to take you to court.

So, they have to sue for eviction and can seek damages against you for making them go to court. However, if you have no money, no income but disability or social security or retirement and no property, there is really nothing she can collect from you and the court will simply order you forcibly evicted from the house if you do not leave on your own.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.