Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If the victim of a theft by fraud conviction provides

Customer Question
If the victim of...

If the victim of a theft by fraud conviction provides balances using a higher interest rate than they actually paid to determine the loss and amount of restitution by the Court, is this grounds for ending resti

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes and no, the lawyer I talked to is semi-retired and did not practice criminal law

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Served 18 months,parole 18 months, probation since 2006. restitution paid 78,000, Cou4t balance 187,000,first time offender

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/12/2018
Criminal Lawyer: PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

if the victim of a theft by fraud conviction provides balances using a higher interest rate than they actually paid to determine the loss and amount of restitution by the Court, is this grounds for ending resti

Response: No it is not. However, it could be ground for recalculating the balance remaining on the restitution.

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law