Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Looking to retain a civil defense lawyer for my son residing…

Customer Question
Looking to retain a...

Looking to retain a civil defense lawyer for my son residing in Lancaster state prison. He was attacked and is now in the hospital.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

He is in CA and I am located in KS

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I received a disturbing call from an inmate telling he was attacked in his cell and is now in the hospital since Saturday. Do not know what is going on so I tried ( with no help from that prison) to find out how he is or what was done by this...he lost front teeth from the event.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to find out if any one will look into this and make sure he is ok. Want prison to know that I retained a lawyer and want to persue this.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/12/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael Bradley
At this point the only way you are going to find out much regarding answers would be to retain a personal injury lawyer who can contact the prison prior to filing suit to see what happened regarding the injuries and how they occurred. I can understand that under the circumstances not knowing what happened or what is going on is the hardest part especially since you are thousands of miles away as well. I would look into retaining an attorney in California in the county where the prison is located and see if they would investigate the matter, contact your son since he is the one who would have to sign any type of fee agreement, which would be contingent and not cost anything