Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I missed court yesterday...this is the second time ive

Customer Question
I missed court yesterday...this...

I missed court yesterday...this is the second time ive missedcourt i went to jail 3 months ago for missingcourt

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Idk i think there may be a warrantout for my arrest

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Ct

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Wait connectme to who

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have to see my probationofficer today at 230 wont they arrest me there on spot
1/10/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 1 month ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What is the basis for which you missed court? Why did you need to appear in court?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Follow up for a dui...i missed court three months ago becausemy car was stoken the morningof i had a police reportfor it and they sent me to prison anyways...i went to jail until a jri bed opened where i went to rehab. Git back from rehababout3 weeksago and my follow up was yesterday
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have my second meeting withmy probationofficertoday at 230
Thank you. If you were in rehab and that is the reason for missing court, the judge and your PO should understand and not violate you and should lift any active warrant. You should get documentation to show them that your failure to appear was not intentional and that you were getting help and treatment and could not leave. As long as you can document this it should avoid any jail
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My name is ***** ***** court is in Norwalk ct can
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you look it up...i was not in rehabi gotout three weeksago
why did you miss court? I am not able to look it I am sorry to say
Did you forget about the court date?
If you missed court a warrant was likely issued and if so your P.O. may take you into custody today. You would need to explain what happened and convince them that this was an accident and you did not intentionally fail to appear.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should I call before going in and tell her my situation of what happened that I missed court and ask her what she thinks might happen when I go in

You can certainly try but she may not tell you, as if she does and says there is a warrant, you may not appear, so she may just tell you to come in. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty