Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If a person was not court ordered to do community service…

Customer Question
If a person was...

If a person was not court ordered to do community service and they forge the hours is it a felony

Lawyer's Assistant: Have forgery charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No they haven't been filed I had to do community service to get a deal

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the forgery occur?

I just need to know if it's a felony or not

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/10/2018
Criminal Lawyer: QuickEasyLegalHelp, Criminal Justice Lawyer replied 4 months ago
QuickEasyLegalHelp
QuickEasyLegalHelp, Criminal Justice Lawyer

I am an attorney expert and I will be helping you. Nice to meet you.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not create an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I will be answering your question with the expectation that if you are satisfied with my answer, you will give a positive rating.

I want to make sure I understand what you are asking:

~Is it a felony to forge community service documents? I just need to know what state you are in so I can answer....

Let me know and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Oklahoma and yes I'll give you a great rating
Y'all just took my money and didn't even answer my question

Hang on...I'm typing, almost there....

Short answer: yes, you could be risking a felony

Long answer:

If one was to forge community service documents, that would be risking probation revocation and a new sentence for the original charge (potentially up to the maximum statutory sentencing guideline requirement if the Judge is so inclined).

Plus, it would also be risking possibly the NEW charge of contempt of court (not defined in Oklahoma law as a misdemeanor or a felony, but is punished similarly to common misdemeanors, making them certainly more like misdemeanors than felonies, but it is not “called” either).

AND… risking the NEW crime of perjury (if you certify or swear that you completed the service, but didn’t. ) And perjury in Oklahoma is a felony.

Does that answer your question : )

If I have answered your question and you are satisfied, please leave a positive rating and click FINISH.

It does not cost you anything to click and it is the only way I can get credit for my work, and of course a positive 5 star rating would be appreciated.

You can still ask me all your follow up questions, even after you please leave a positive rating at the top of your screen.

I wish you all the best in 2018.

QuickEasyLegalHelp
QuickEasyLegalHelp