Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Im under open investigation for a possible violent crime…

Customer Question
Im under open investigation...

Im under open investigation for a possible violent crime what does that mean? am i being charged

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

I have not been charge

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im on felony probation

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/9/2018
Criminal Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. No, it's not a charge, yet. An open investigation is an investigation that is still open (has not been closed out either due to no evidence or referral to prosecutors yet). So the police are probably interviewing witnesses, gathering information, etc... prior to determining whether or not there's enough evidence to refer this onwards to the prosecutor or not. It's not a charge, because at that point the investigation itself would be closed (as they would have come to a decision as to what to do with that information).

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

I see that you STILL have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.