Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I live in the state of or this is for a law criminal lawyer.

I live in the state...
I live in the state of Virginia or this is for a Virginia law criminal lawyer.
A neighbor called the police in April of 2016 as she thought I was too noisy. She moved out in September of 2016. She and my husband were having an affair. She pushed me out of her way one day on a set of stairs. The one mark year has passed this September 2017. I feel as though her call to the police ruined my job with the school system.
My husband and I are presently separated and this is one of the reasons. There was no police report filed and no case number ***** I was told by my divorce attorney that because there was no police report filed by the police and no case number ***** that no further damaged could come to me from this incident. My attorney basically said that if you had no criminal record or if you had a criminal record or if you were under police investigation, that because no case number ***** no report being filed by the police, that this could no way effect my life and bring my any further harm. Someone told me that because I had a prior misdemeanor for abusive language to another from 2009 and a past traffic violation from 1989, wreckless driving, that it in fact would add a 10 year sentence to any further problem if in fact there was ever any further criminal problem .
I know sometimes people give you that wrong answers. Who is right?Thank you,Erin
1/9/2018
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What your divorce attorney told you is correct. Since there was no police report and no case number ***** this means that there is no record of the police being called on you for this incident.

This means that it could not be used against you in any criminal proceeding later (since there were no charges), and an employer would never be able to find out about it through a background check, because there is going to be no record of it happening against you in the police systems.

Thanks Jim.

You are welcome. Please remember to provide a positive rating at the top of your screen so I get credit for helping you today!

Please remember to provide a positive rating!

Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer