Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Wingo I need know if a ohio convicted felon carry a pellet…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** I need know if a ohio convicted felon carry a pellet gun in his car.and what is the best way to transport in the car

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

Ccw and drug abuse .know appeals been filed

Lawyer's Assistant: Has he talked to an Ohio lawyer about this yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can the pellet gun be loaded in the car

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/9/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 5 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

In Ohio, a pellet gun does not come under the state's firearm statutes. Furthermore, it's not considered a firearm under Federal law either. That would make it lawful for a felon to own or possess a firearm. In fact, there are no laws regulating pellet guns in Ohio, which means you can transport them loaded if you wish in your car.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.