Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

There is a video of me that a Church has of an alleged

Customer Question
There is a video...

There is a video of me that a Church has of an alleged incident that involved me Are they required by law to give it to me, if i ask?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes there is a court case

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/9/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 7 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

There is a video of me that a Church has of an alleged incident that involved me Are they required by law to give it to me, if i ask? It is in Bergen County NJ.

Good evening. If there is a court order, they would need to turn it over and if there is a pending court case, you could obtain a subpoena and they would be required to do so. The video belongs to them and it is their property, so they do not just have to turn it over but if the police contact they likely would or if you get a court order. You can certainly ask but they are not required.