Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If a person made a complaint about harassing emails-then i…

If a person made...

If a person made a complaint about harassing emails-then i just send her one more 8 months later, can I be prosecuted for it? the emails where never harrasing or threatening- nothing like that- just saying hi, how you doing...?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just what I asked

1/8/2018
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Did anything happen as a result of the complaint? Were you advised to not contact them?

I just sent a short email 8 months later- just saying hi-how are you type of thing.- I never harrassed her- or said harmful comments...

And what happened after this, is what I am asking. You said she made a complaint. Who did she make it to?

Can you answer me?

I am happy too but need more information, as I asked about above.

Sorry she made complaint to the police and I have to go to court for it

Thank you. If there is an order in place, that prevents you from contacting her, the email could be a violation and get you in trouble. Even though this happened 8 months ago and the email was friendly, the issue is that you can not contact her and if you did, you could be charged and in violation of a court order. No contact means no contact, so as long as the order is imposed for, means you can not call, email, text, etc.

OK TYVM.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty