CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

How can I contest a speeding ticket? Wisconsin. If I plead

Customer Question

How can I contest a speeding ticket?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Wisconsin
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: If I plead not guilty I do.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have entered a not guilty plea and paid a jury bond.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

It is certainly in your best interest to retain a traffic ticket defense attorney to represent you. The first thing which they will want to do, is review the face of the citation and see if there is a legal basis to get it dismissed. If not, they will then have to look over the facts of the case and decide if it is in your best interest to work out a plea deal or to take the case to trial and make the State prove the allegation(s) against you. The officer will need to be present. If he/she fails to appear at trial, the case will likely be dismissed, unless a continuance is granted by the Judge, upon the showing of good cause. If the officer does appear, your attorney will be given a chance to cross examine them and attack their credibility. The attorney is going to want to inspect their documents and log book, to make sure that the speed measuring device was properly calibrated, that they have the citation logged and are certified to use the equipment. Moreover, they will question them about their training and experience, trying to create doubt that they may have not known what they were doing and improperly measured your speed. They will also raise any other possible defenses, which you may have, to try and obtain a finding of not guilty.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I know that I can retain an an attorney, but I would like first to try a plea reduction with the DA before trial.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I want a plea deal with the DA I do not want a phone call
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a court date, but the DA said I can call before to talk about ticket
If you can speak with them ahead of time you can call them and ask for an offer. You can present any mitigating factors for them to consider and you can accept their officer if you think it is in your best interest to do so
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You mean offer?
Plea offer

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.