Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Why would a probation officer call you if your on

Customer Question
unsupervised probation and leave a...
Why would a probation officer call you if your on unsupervised probation and leave a voicemail saying you have till 3:30 to get to the office if you haven't done anything wrong?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/8/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 6 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Is a condition of the probation that they are still subject to random testing?

Well I'm on inactive which means I don't report no more. so randomly she called and left a voicemail saying you have till 3:30 to get here. and it was for a drug screen but why out of no where did she do this when i done nothing wrong. actually in was at work when she left the message.

Thank you for the reply. She did this if a condition was that you were subject to it. While you did not have to report each month, it does not necessarily mean that you could not be subject to a random UA, to see if there were drugs in your system or alcohol. The terms and conditions of your probation would determine this and if you were working and had no reason to believe you were subject to this and could not just leave, the reporting to the office, should be reset and you should advise her of the same and you would have a basis, for not appearing.

let me fill you in and just say that this p.o. and me have history. she has always been hateful to me well the screen come up positive and she said tell me what you did or I'll send it off and get a warrant when it gets back. I wasn't expecting for it to be dirty and she is very intimidating so I told her I took a pill. when she was putting me back on active she said "I'm just going to put this is your first dirty in 12 months when that is a lie. it was my first one ever since 2015. when my p.o. put me o n inactive he said ij would never have to come back unless I catch a new charge. Well be no longer works there so I just feel like somnething is fishy
I feel like the would have to have a reason to call me in like someone called in on me or she was gossiping with the treatment I went through staff, bc she is the officer over all the ladies there and me when i was there also, but I feel like if there was a concern protocol would be for the supervisor to call not her she's not my po

If you are concerned you can contact and speak with a supervisor and see what the issue is here. If you are violated, you can defend this but prior to anything happening, there has to be a legal basis for it.

are u a real lawyer

Yes. Do you have additional questions?

I have a ton. What is your opinion

If you did not pick up a new charge, the only reason you should be asked to come in and appear and report would be for a UA. This is non-reporting, so to ask you to come in would have to be to submit to that or else it would defeat the purpose of non-reporting.

Right. So do you think that she is harassing me? I could go on and on with the history but when I left I tested myself and it was negative

If she is abusing her authority and acting outside the scope of her employment, you could file a complaint against her and have her conduct looked into.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

honestly I've dealt with her doing these types of things for a while now and I'm afraid if I complain it will make it worse on me

If you do not want to complain, then you simply need to give in and comply. Of course, once you are off probation this will be over and if you are more than halfway complete, may want to try getting it terminated early

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!