Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I am applying for dental licenses in multiple states and I…

Customer Question
Hi, I am applying for dental...
I am applying for dental licenses in multiple states and I had a case which I copied and past the information below. On different applications, I see these related questions. Since I charged but not convicted I am not sure what is the correct answer to each question they are kind of same questions. Would you please help me?1. Have you ever been convicted of a violation or plead Nolo Contendere, to any federal, state or local statute, regulations or ordinance, or entered into any plea bargaining relating to a felony or misdemeanor? (excluding traffic violations, except convictions for driving under the influence)2. Have you ever been convicted of a violation, plead Nolo Contendere, or entered a plea bargain to any federal, state or local statute, regulation, or ordinance or are any formal charges pending; including use of illicit substances or operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated. (Please include any offenses which have been expunged from your record)?3. Have you ever been arrested, charged, arraigned, indicted, prosecuted, convicted or been the subject of any criminal investigation or any court proceeding in relation to any criminal violation? Do not report minor violations for which a fine of $100 or less was imposed.Case information:Fairfax County General District Court
Traffic/Criminal Case Details
Case/Defendant Information
Case
Number :
GC1400166100
Filed
Date :
01/06/2014 Locality : COMMONWEALTH
OF VA
Name : IMANIAN, ELINA Status : Released On
Recognizance
Defense
Attorney :
TAYLOR,
GRETCHEN(###) ###-####Address : SPRINGFIELD, VA
22151
AKA1 : AKA2 :
Gender : Female Race : White
Caucasian(NonHispanic)
DOB : 06/16/****
Charge Information
Charge : GRND LARCENY: >=$200 NOT PERSN
Code
Section :
18.295
Case
Type :
Felony Class : O
Offense
Date :
01/04/2014 Arrest
Date :
01/04/2014 Complainant : ST CLAIR, L
W
Amended
Charge :
PETIT LARCENY Amended
Code :
18.296
Amended
Case Type :
Misdemeanor
Hearing Information
Date Time Result Hearing
Type Courtroom Plea Continuance
Code
01/07/201410:30 AM Continued Arraignment 2J Other
03/25/201402:00 PM Continued Preliminary 2J Deferred
Disposition
05/09/201409:30 AM Finalized Disposition 2J
Service/Process
Disposition Information
Final
Disposition :
Dismissed
Sentence
Time :
00Months
000Days
00Hours
Sentence
Suspended
Time :
00Months 000Days 00Hours
Probation
Type :
Probation
Time :
00Years
00Months
000Days
Probation
Starts :
Operator
License
Suspension
Time :
00Years
00Months
000Days
Restriction
Effective
Date :
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good evening, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

If you were charged but not convicted, then your answers should be:

(1.) No

(2.) No

(3.) Yes

Usually on application such as this one, you'll be given room to "explain."

In that section you should consider writing in some information explaining that you were charged, but that the charges were dismissed (or what the outcome of the case was).

You could also consider making a copy of the final case disposition from that charge and attaching it to your paperwork, showing that the charge was dismissed/ how the case was closed.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer