Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was smoking throughout my pregnancy with my daughter. I…

Customer Question
I was smoking weed...

I was smoking weed throughout my pregnancy with my daughter. I live in Pennsylvania and will test positive for marijuana at her delivery. Will the hospital test her or I? If so, what will happen next?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/8/2018
Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

Under Pennsylvania law, there is no requirement for either of you to be tested in the hospital. In fact, if they ask you, you have the right to deny testing for privacy purposes. In other words, they don't have the right to test you without your consent, and you have the right to deny the testing, so there is really nothing to worry about.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars and pressing send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you and your baby all the best.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor