Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My mom is stalking me! She calls everyday at least 9 times…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi! My...

Second opinion] Hi! My mom is stalking me! She calls everyday at least 9 times usually 4 times within 15 minutes, 6 times within an hour and 9 times within 2 hours! I have asked her to stop! She is narrassistic and does not realize it! Is there anyway to get a no contact order, harassment order or other type of order that would stop this contact without putting her in jail? I have records of her calls!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because criminal law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No mam! I live on disability! How much would it cost to talk to a lawyer? I am married but my husband will not come home as long as my mom is stalking me!

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Criminal Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, mam! My mom is my payee but we are working on getting that changed! Also, my mom has heart trouble and is going to cardiac rehab, so I dont want her to have to go to prison, if possible!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Barrister, Criminal Defense Law replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Have you communicated to her in writing that you do not want her to contact you any more?

.

If so, do you have records to show that you have told her to stop contacting you?

.

.

thanks

Ely, Counselor at Law