Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

L live in MO and I want my gun rights back got in trouble at…

Customer Question
L live in...

L live in MO and I want my gun rights back got in trouble at the age of 17 years old over 40 years ago on my record it has a class A felony on my record but the charge was a purse snatching case will I be able to fight this in court under this new 2018 expungement law

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Mo

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

January 1 2018 exfelon can have a second chance

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/6/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What exactly were you charged with 40 years ago?

The new law in Missouri (while expanding the convictions under which you can seek expungement), does not permit expungement of a class A felony. Therefore, expungement to restore your gun rights is not going to be available. As a result, your only other available avenue is to seek an executive pardon from the Governor in order to restore your rights to possess a firearm.

I hope this has been helpful. If so, please provide a positive rating so I get credit for helping you today, and let me know if you have any questions regarding the pardon process.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer