Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was involved in a domestic assault and do not wish to

Customer Question
press charges although I filed...
I was involved in a domestic assault and do not wish to press charges although I filed a police report. In the report I said I did not know who it was. I requested for it to be disregarded and said I will not talk to any detectives.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/6/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your criminal law question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your question today. If you no longer wish to proceed with the criminal report and charge you should make this known to the station that you made the report , officer and superintendent.

In case the file has been forwards to the prosecutor you can make the same know to the prosecutor.

A prosecution is less likely to proceed when the chief complainant and witness no longer wished to proceed but isn't a guarantee as the decision is the State prosecutor's decision.

We are here to help, so please follow up with me should you need further assistance.

In return remember to rate positively today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Best

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer ,

I recently posted a response to your question, did this answer your question ?

If you need additional support you can follow up with me attorney Bill.

Your positive feedback is much appreciated and gives me a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or accept.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer