Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have already retained a lawyer and I am facing an

Customer Question
investigation currently. It has been...
I have already retained a lawyer and I am facing an investigation currently. It has been more than a year now.. is it okay for me to call the da office to just ask if my case exists or not? Nothing more just a verification ?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/5/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 3 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. If you have retained counsel, why are they not able to reach out to the DA? How do you know you are under investigation?

Because I am not charged or accused of anything. Basically someone filed a false complaint against me that’s why

But you have retained an attorney, correct?

I have. But Is it violating a contract if I only call their office to verify if there is a case against me or not
I just don’t want to irritate
My lawyer over small things that’s all

Your attorney was retained to act in and represent your interest. If you hired them for this investigation, they can contact the DA and see if they intend to proceed and open a case, if you know you are under investigation. Seeing how you could face criminal charges, this is what your criminal defense attorney is supposed to do and what you are paying them for so they will open more and likely better answers if they call, rather than you. The State does not have to say Yes or No but if you know you are being investigated, they can at least see if this is still open ( assuming it is public) or if they closed the case.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty