Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Im from Montana. I am trying to figure out a way to get

Customer Question
Im from Montana. I...

Im from Montana. I am trying to figure out a way to get total immunity from civil and criminal law.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/5/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Under MT and federal law, there is no such thing as immunity from civil and criminal law. There is a group of individuals calling themselves sovereign citizens who claim to be exempt from all laws both criminal and civil, but not one court in the US has recognized that immunity and they have been jailed or had significant civil judgments against them. So their theory that each individual is sovereign unto themselves does not get recognized in the US Courts or by US laws or your state laws, all it gets a person is trouble I am afraid.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I am a law abiding citizen, i am not protesting taxes or anything but when i search on line about certain protections its always for govt officials and higher ups. Why are these protections not available to an individual.

Thank you for your reply.

The protections you are referring to are statutorily granted immunities. These immunities are created by state and federal statutes for government officials and employees who are in the course and scope of their government duties. The immunities do not protect them for actions taken outside of their government duties.

Although, I agree it seems like certain people get to hide or destroy evidence or violate many other laws and are never prosecuted, that is not because of any statutory immunity, that is politically motivated.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer