Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Let me begin by saying that my nephew has his 3rd appearance…

Customer Question
Good Morning ~ Let...

Good Morning ~ Let me begin by saying that my nephew has his 3rd appearance today without counsel and that he has done a lot of things in his life but this is not one of them and his mom and I have been gathering evidendence to help him but when he goes to court and no public defender there for him has been hard his last court appearance they sent him back down to the jail only later in the day realizing they need to charge him or let him go they called him back and again without counsel charged him. AA few months back he ran into a girl from school to find she was homeless, penniless living in her car. He offered her a warm place to stay until she left for rehab, the began a relationship during which time there was consensual sex between them on one of the days she was there his parole officer came for a random UA the parole officer id'd her and asked if she was my nephews girlfriend to which she responded yes. My nephew is scheduled to be off parole on the 8th great timing huh, there is so much about this that is wrong filed complaint in Stearns County day or 2 later OFP (ststaed she feared for her life is reason she didn't leave while he was at work), couple days later went to hospital in Anoka County for rape kit it had previously been disclosed that she had just been raped by bouncer at night club who no charges were ever brought against rape kit showed some vaginal tearing. We are not wealthy people and my nephew served his time for what crimes he comitted got out got 2 jobs fast food an efficency apt and furnished it and now this. Please someone tell us what to do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Well yes he's been in jail

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 7 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. Why has the public defender not been appointed to him? Did he apply for one?