Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a bounced check charge that was filed against me and…

Customer Question
I have a bounced...

I have a bounced check charge that was filed against me and have some questions.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

The charge is filed in Virginia, though I do not currently live there any longer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, the business filed a bad check case almost 2 years ago. I was only recently notified and immediately paid the check.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is also a no show charge for one of the hearings for this issue. I do have proof that I sent in a continuation and that it was received by the clerk. The check was for 35 dollars. I have proof of payment as well.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/5/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 1 month ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Did they notify you after the check bounced and provided you with a chance to cure it?

Ely, Counselor at Law