Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My brother is getting sentenced friday for his 5th dui,he…

Customer Question
My brother is getting...

My brother is getting sentenced friday for his 5th dui,he took it to trial and lost.His attorney has asked me to say something on his behalf.He owns a business and i am one of his employees.Lost for words

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I talked to my brothers attorney

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/4/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with this criminal law matter today. As part of plea on mitigation of sentencing a pre-sentencing report a judge may allow a witness of the defendant's good character give evidence of the same.

Because you have been called to do this usually you would put your brother in the most favorable light and the norm is to describe the conduct/ DUI that has landed the defendant in trouble withe law as something out of character with the defendant.

A plea of sentencing mitigation would include your relationship with your brother, as an employer, business ethic, and his positive contribution to the community as a whole.

When put in a favorable light the sentencing can be reduced when a longer sentence would have little probatiive value but would harm the business and the positive thing he has brought to family, friends and the community.

If you need anything else please follow up with me.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer