Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I The state of Colorado posted the I was convicted of a

Customer Question
I The state of...

I The state of Colorado posted the I was convicted of a class 3 felony on a public website for multiple years. I was not convicted U was not convicted of any felony. I am interested in pursuing a libel case and suing for damages.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Colorado - I was listed on the states sex offender site as a being convicted of aggravated incest. I was convicted of a misdemeanor charge of statutory rape.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The state has since removed the listing. but it was posted for years.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/3/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What is your question about this for us?

Ely, Counselor at Law