Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I am at a dead end here, I had helped someone that was a…

Customer Question
Hello , I am...

Hello , I am at a dead end here , I had helped someone that was a homeless gay man 27 years old , with not much of a traditional up bringing and had gotten in trouble over 5 years , last time in court they gave him work release for a year and he been put mentally to the test over past 2 years , I went out of the way to help him and to my defense I saw myself in him , and wanted to step in and offer guidance and stabilty to his life , although knowing that I was once his age , I did give him drug test weekly and was aware of his daily moves as he was helping me care for my sick partner so I could work and maintain a home for us as well . This guy really came around and started saving money , got him a credit card and he was actually starting to enjoy doing other things beside doing drugs and running with immature friends , He took care of my partner when I had no one to care for him , and trust me he needed more supervsion than I thought the guy could handle . But after a few months it was working great , and corey confessed that this syle of living was starting to scare him , becasue he had a place to call home , he had a job and other people that were productive and caring in his life , that there can make changes happen to the most rough edged criminal in todays society , I guess what I am saying is that I want the judge to know that this rough edged guy , with drug related past , also put his self at risk of possibly being infected , due to my partner always snatching IVs out , and never did he flench or walk away , but stayed and helped 2 people he did not know from adam , and yet he will alwasy have his past to look back on and have more of a understanfding of life and what it has to offer him and what the drugs had taken from others , and he has done very well , to see him be smacked back , when there are others in far worse sitatuions , i cant put in inot words

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Yes he orginally had 4 possession charges 2 of them pills and 2 meth , they gave him work release and 3 years probation , and he went out on work release , and went to his mothers and it wasnt good and never went back to work relase so they are charging him with i believe is escape kinda chareg ofr absconder sorry my spelling sucks tonight

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the drug possession occur?

His next court date is next tues georgia \

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/4/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Juliana, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Juliana
Juliana, Lawyer
Hello,Thank you for explaining the situation in detail.I would suggest that you contact the prosecutor's office and tell them what you've stated here. You can also write a letter to the judge with the same information and ask that it be placed in the court file for review/consideration by the judge. However, even though your friend's current situation with the absconding charge is unfortunate considering the improvements he was making, the prosecutor and the judge don't have to take these improvements into account. But, you can certainly try to help him by presenting your favorable information to the court as I've suggested above.Good luck.
Juliana
Juliana
Juliana, Lawyer