Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If a Plaintiff in a case, engaged in a criminal act, and…

If a Plaintiff in a...
If a Plaintiff in a case, engaged in a criminal act, and that individual was the Plaintiff of a case which the State was representing; what effect would that have on their case standing?
1/3/2018
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

While waiting for a response, please do not keep asking questions, such as "Are you there", etc. since that can erase whatever I am writing and also interrupts the thought process. I will be back with you as soon as I can do any research necessary, formulate a response, and type it in.

I don't understand your facts and question. Could you rephrase?

The state of Connecticut decided to represent the interests of my ex-wife. She made allegations, which were extreme and by State law, they will not question. In short, i was rail roaded fast. But i file petitions for hearings and i won, each time. Twice regarding a agency called the Office of Legal Counsel, Regulations and Admin Hearings. And in 2017 the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx confirmed that information was used to create a erroneous arrearage balance. The State of Connecticut took her submissions and incorporated them in Motions that the State filed on her behalf. Now that the xxx, has invalidated the information that a judgment and multiple court rulings are based upon, does the State have duty to advise the Court that they incorrectly reported information to the Court which was taken into consideration, against myself and warented a warrent for arrest?

No, there is generally no duty to do so. For whatever reason, the court now places the obligation on you to file whatever motion you have to dispose of the case based on the erroneous information and to support that motion with evidence that what you say is correct. If the opinion invalidating the information was "published" in a recognized case law or government publication then you my just be able to ask the judge to take judicial notice of the ruling or you could get a certified copy of the ruling and attach that as an exhibit.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer