Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am being charge with a class e felony endangerment with a…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I am...

Second opinion] I am being charge with a class e felony endangerment with a weapon but the weapon was not pulled and the other people started the fight

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

TN

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yell I filed chargeges against the other bunch for coming up my drive way and the guy came into my house and asked what the hell did we thing we were doing and it proceeded from there and there was all kinds of lies being told and I told what if my child had been standing out there when pulled up flying up the drive way and he hit him with his truck and then his wife and kids and her cousin came lied and said pulled a gun on them and her cousin lied and said I didn't and then she changed her story when she went to court and she lied so now the district attorney wants me to plead guild to felony reckless endangerment with a weapon but I didn't have the weapon out

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know can I ask for another hearing , another public defender, and I am pregnant fixing to deliver Thursday and I have to go back to court in February

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/3/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 6 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient while I compose and type a reply.

DA's always want defendants to take a plea. They have very heavy caseloads, and pleas make their job much easier. It's the duty of every defense lawyer -- whether he's a public defender or a private lawyer -- to convey every offer that the DA makes and to explain the pros and cons of taking that offer and to tell you what you are risking if you turn that offer down. So, between the DA, the judge and the lawyer all just doing their jobs, it seems to all criminal defendants that they are being pushed to take a plea.

While the system does push, no criminal defendant ever HAS to take a plea. He or she always has a choice. If you are not guilty of this crime, you have the right to fight the case all the way to trial to clear your name. Your lawyer will tell you of the risks and will probably tell you where he sees the biggest problem fighting the case. He does that to make sure you're fully informed before you make your choice. But once you decide to go to trial, your lawyer is professionally obligated to give you the best defense he is able to give you. If he says he won't, you can tell that to the judge. You can't get another hearing. But you can get another lawyer if the one you have won't work with you to fight the case.