Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My question is can I get in trouble if I avoid being

Customer Question
My question is can...

My question is can I get in trouble if I avoid being subpoenaed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

I am the victim in this but I do not want to go through with being a witness in the case?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do not want to pursue charges against this person and I know these people are looking for me to serve me.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/2/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 7 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. It is hard for them to prove you are avoiding service. Typically, if there is a DV case and the victim does not want to cooperate and is avoiding being served, the State will simply dismiss the case. In order to be required to appear, they have to serve you and if they are unable to, the prosecutor will likely know you do not want to cooperate and will drop the case since they have no victim to testify on their behalf.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!