Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I got arrested i was drunk kicked down a door to a cops

Customer Question
I got arrested i...

I got arrested i was drunk kicked down a door to a cops house breaking and entering felony w/criminal mischief 1st offense can i expect jail time?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Criniml mchieft-3 criminal trespass 2

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/1/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

What can I answer for you? I see what you've written but I don't see a question listed.

i got drunk and kicked down a door to a cops house, i was released on a 5500 bail, i was charged w/criminal mischief 3 and criminal tresspass 2, im a first time offender, will i be getting jail time?

3rd degree criminal mischief is a Class E felony punishable by up to 4 years in prison.

Ref: NY Penal laws §145.05

Second degree criminal mischief is a Class D felony which carries a potential sentence of up to 7 years in prison.

Ref: NY Penal §145.10

http://www.criminalpropertydamage.com/new-york/

That being said, jail time is by no means automatic, so having an attorney to potentially plead this down would certainly be helpful.

Ely, Counselor at Law