Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Is it legal for a doctor to charge a separate fee for some…

Customer Question
Is it legal for a...
Is it legal for a doctor to charge a separate fee for some prescriptions, ie triplicates?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/1/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

There is no law stating a doctor cannot charge a separate fee for issuing a prescription to a patient. Billing procedures are up to the doctor's policy and they can bill as they choose, then it is up to the insurer to decide if they will pay for that fee or pass it onto the patient/insured. The law does not forbid the doctor from charging for issuing a prescription though.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.