Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I got charged with a misdemeanor possesion of drug

Customer Question
I got charged with...

I got charged with a misdemeanor possesion of drug paraphernalia. I got it dismissed. how hard is it to get it explunged in illinoise and how long does it take?i

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Illinois. I was pulled over and someone i was with a a bowl and it was found in my car when pulled over

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I was charged but got it dismissed by doing community service.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/1/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 1 month ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally it takes about 4-6 months to get a criminal record expunged depending on how busy the courts are among other things.

Generally, if the case is dismissed, such expungement are granted pretty easily and here is the link to the official website that explains the expungement process and has all other information and details on this subject:

https://www.illinois.gov/osad/Expungement/Pages/default.aspx

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law