Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son was just arrested and booked on PC 182(A)(1),PC

Customer Question
My son was just...

My son was just arrested and booked on PC 182(A)(1),PC 664/460(A),.PC 466,PC 647(H). My Question is what does this mean without tresspass or B&E no, tools .I dont get it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Does your son have any upcoming court dates on the tresspassing charges?

There is no trespass charge. Only intent and prowling

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

C CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Dont know ....Four counts...Conspire to commit a crime,,attempted burglary:First Degree,Posess/Burglary Tools,Disorderly conduct:Prowling

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/31/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 7 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Can you give more details as to how he got arrested to put these charges in context?

As far as I know he was with a friend who had bolt cutters in his pocket. A commercial area at midnight.If his account is accurate,the sheriff fell upon them before anything happened. He,himself had no tools of any kind but was charged anyway. I,m curious how you get a burglary charge without without any stolen goods,no B&E. How does that work?
How does one conspire to commit a crime without trespass or some type of physical intent?

A person in a conspiracy aids in the commission of a crime and can be punished just like the person who actually committed the crime, even though he himself neither trespassed nor had the tools. For example, if it was his job to be the lookout for the police or to be the driver of the getaway card, he could be charged under a conspiracy theory with what his friend was charged with.

Note that it was an attempted burglary, so the B&E never came to pass. However, the officer apparently feels he had probable cause to believe that the reason they were at a commercial location after midnight with bolt cutters was to commit a crime. Whether that will be good enough to convict either of them is another story and would depend on what would come out at trial if they want to fight this case and whether a jury determines that this was their actual intent at that time and place.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.