Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a felony record, what will I have to do to change…

Customer Question
I have a felony...

I have a felony record, what will I have to do to change residents to another state

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Wyoming, the felony is a SO sentenced in 1998

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have a completely clean record ever since

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We want to b able to travel some using a toy hauler possibly in Utah

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/31/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Happy New Year.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

If you have served your time and have completed any parole conditions then you are free to travel and free to move. There is nothing that you need to do to reside in another state - with the exception if the felony was classified as a sex related crime. If so you may be classified as a sex offender and have to register with the new state's registry.

Otherwise there is no restriction on you moving. Once you establish a new home in the new state you will need to change your driver's license, and make the other mundane address changes.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald