Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Should i plea to not have a case prolonged or continued? if…

Customer Question
Should i plea to not...
Should i plea to not have a case prolonged or continued? if its not dismissed due to my exe boyfriend still contacting me & not wanting to see me prosecuted ?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/30/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 6 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

Thanks for requesting me.

You should plead NOT guilty and keep the case going unless/until you and your lawyer decides otherwise.

If your lawyer can convince the prosecutor to drop, then there would be absolutely no reason for you to give yourself a criminal record which can harm you personally and professionally. Waiting is the best course of action and NOT GUILTY is the only plea that will allow you to see what your lawyer can negotiate and still keep all of your rights open.

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 5 stars on the rating scale, as a rating of okay or better is the only way that JustAnswer will give us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow-ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.