Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was convicted of a non- violent theft felony (restitution…

Hello. I was convicted...

Hello. I was convicted of a non- violent theft felony (restitution was $10,000) about 6 years ago in Pennsylvania. I have done everything to distance myself from my past. I’m struggling to find a job that pays enough to live on. My record makes it very difficult. I feel like it’s hopless and no matter how much I’ve changed my life. I’m still going to be paying for my mistakes.. I know im

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you convicted of exactly? Have all your appeals been exhausted?

Theft moving product unlawful taking

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a PA lawyer about this yet?

I’ve never appealed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I haven’t

12/30/2017
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

I’m trying to figure out if it’s possible to have my felony sealed. As far as I know it can not be expunged.

Thank you for your follow up.

Were you convicted of this felony in PA state or federal court?

PA state

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, at this time a felony conviction cannot be expunged or sealed in Pennsylvania and the only option is to apply to the governor for a Pardon.

If Pardon is granted, then the felony conviction would be forgiven and cannot be used against the person who received Pardon from the PA Governor.

Here is the link to the official PA Board of Pardons website that explains the process of applying for a Pardon by the Governor:

http://www.bop.pa.gov/Purchase-an-Application/Pages/How-to-Obtain-an-Application.aspx

Of course, it is always a good idea to hire an experienced local pardon law attorney to assist you with this process.

I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you so much

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
I will thank you
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law