Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What does it mean if on the court website under the case it…

Customer Question
What does it mean...

What does it mean if on the court website under the case it says "HEARING SET 11/16/2018 AT 8:00 FOR BRD IS VACATED.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

It's against my ex husband for criminal threats. His arraignment was yesterday. But I thought the set another date for 1/23/18 to issue a CPO

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have court on 1/3/18 for the current protection order. But yesterday the prosecution told me they would not reduce charges and they would be issuing a CPO

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/29/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 4 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Ok. Thank you.

It just means that a hearing for review of his bail determination was canceled. It doesn't mean anything as to charges or the case itself.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD