Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was charged with 1st offence felony larceny in NC and was…

Customer Question
I was charged with 1st...
I was charged with 1st offence felony larceny in NC and was sentenced to complete 75hrs community service. While competing my service at the salvation army a lady said I took something without paying and am no longer able to complete service there. I provided them with the receipt showing i did pay but they did not believe me. What can happen to me. I am a single mom just trying to get things in order and now I'm afraid of going to jail.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 month ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Are you on probation? Were you assigned to the Salvation Army by the court, or can you go elsewhere to do your community service? Have you contacted your lawyer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i am on probation i do not have a lawyer. The salvation army was appointed by the court and they w were the ones who told me I could no longer complete my hours there. I've been trying to contact the community service organizer but have not had any luck
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 1 month ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Good morning. I see you opted out your previous expert. Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it was an accident

Thank you. Yes, in a situation like this you want to contact your probation officer and keep trying to contact the organizer so that you are assigned to a new location to finish your community service. Seeing how their claims were false and you did not take anything and they dismissed you for the wrong reason, it would be hard for you to get in trouble and say you violated your probation. As long as you can show you are making a good faith effort to get in contact with them and to be assigned a new place, you should be alright.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty